Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Here's a position I ran across which I should have known.
I think it needs to be posted so no one else gets hypnotised by the big cube and drops.

The comments are from Bruce from the club.
(black to roll)






here's the rollout from ExtremeGammon.

65.51% wins for me 34.49% for you. Should have been no double/take. 0.029 error on my part to offer.

I still think it's a good pressure double two times out of three I would have gone 6-3 up.......

If all the checkers were on the one point it would be 75.43% wins for me and 25.47% for you. So three times out of four I would have been 6-3 up and Extreme Gammon still calls that a double/take and a 0.165 error if you dropped. Not convinced about the bot's reasoning sometimes...... too mathematical maybe - maybe reducing it to outcomes is not such a bad approach in these instances as a guide for decision-making.
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment